English is the medium of instruction. Emphas is on activity-based learning for the Pre-Primary (up to kinder-garten), Lower Primary (class I-V), and Upper Primary (class VI-VIII). Secondary and the Senior Secondary classes follow prepared materials available from CBSE and the NCERT
- Activities in the guidelines are tuned to the age group of the students. Lab based science education from Grade I onwards.
- Well-equipped labs for physics, chemistry and biology that promote training in funda-mentals and research activities.
- Three language formula. (English, Malayalam, Hindi)
- Library has over 5,000 books. The school maintains a supportive and nurturing environment in building the knowledge bank of students. The library contains books, CD-ROMS, audio and videocassettes, that cover a panoramic spectrum of subjects to satisfy the urge to learn and curiosity that is so natural to the child.
- Extensive computer facility with internet connection and assisted by well-informed tutors.
- Music & Dance classes taught by qualified teachers.
- Sports and play under supervision of adept and technically qualified physical education teachers.
Learning & Growing up
The school provides an exciting and rigorous educational experience designed to help each student grow into a caring, thoughtful, principled and personally and socially well-balanced human being.
- Each student will be provided with opportunities to become confident and communicate effectively, build and lead teams and take risks in a learning and supportive environment.
- We aim to amalgamate the ideals of self-reliance espoused by Mahatma Gandhi and the challenges of the modern society.
- We inculcate in the students, a sense of national pride.
- We have a dedicated staff dedicated to academic, social, personal, emotional, sports and cultural pursuits.
- The school provides each student an exciting educational experience designed to be creative and innovative.
- The school strives to enhance the outdoor learning environment.
- Education at SSCS is invigorating and rejuvenating in its true sense
Accreditation & Memberships
- 1. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- 2. Member of Palakkad Sahodaya Complex
The academic year is from June to march. However, regular classes for Std. VIII , IX, X and XII will commence in the first week of May. Other classes would start only from Ist week of June every year.
- We are different
We believe each child is unique and nurture their potential at every stage of their school life.
- Education is to realize the potential in children.
- Our core educational values are to impart knowledge, hone honesty and integrity and train in discipline and leadership.
- We bring out the talents of children, chisel them, round off the rough edges and polish them to make them successful human beings.
- It is our hope that the products of SSCS will be courageous citizens of the world, experts in their chosen fields and spreading the aura of human values to make the world a better place to live in.